Earlier this week, we decided to add some stones to our landscaping. Of course the kids had to help out. Evan ended up taking the whole day off work and we shoveled LOTS of rock and laid it around our house to help finish off some of the landscaping.I didn't take any before/after pictures, but I wish I would have. It really didn't cost that much and it was only one day's worth of work, but what a difference it made in our yard! I think the best part was the fun we had as a family though.
We are learning to make memorable moments out of the simple daily tasks of life. After dinner that same night, we all went over the house that Evan is painting for a co-worker of his, and we all participated in that event as well. The kids discovered the hose and the numerous ladybugs in the yard and that kept them entertained while Evan and I painted. It honestly was the last thing I felt like doing after shoveling stones all day, but the memories made, the smiles shared and just the closeness of the family was well worth it. I honestly believe that utilizing every moment you can as a family together is what makes the difference in kids' lives. I'd love to hear some of the ways your family connects with one another in free or non-expensive ways. I'm always looking for fun and creative things to do aside from the daily tasks of life!

2 comments:
You guys have been busy also...post some after pics...
Sorry, Todd. Just haven't had time to take any pictures! Our weather has been kind of chilly, too, so I didn't get out much today. I'll try to soon, though!
Post a Comment