Wednesday, April 12, 2006


ALWAYS BATH TIME!

It seems that spring has hit Kiana full-force this year. I can't keep her in the house! She will sneak over to the door, open it, creep downt the cement stairs (Don't worry, there's only 2!) and crawl all the way out to the sandbox! This happens in a blink of an eye! Along with this routine that takes place several times a day, she is discovering dirt! She will be entertained for hours just playing in the sandbox (which in MT, the sand is mostly dirt -- none of that beautiful white stuff here!) She just LOVES to be outside! Her siblings like to help her make mud pies, which she just goes crazy over! As Evan says, "It's like we have another little boy on our hands!" :)


Earlier today, Myah, Joel and I went outside to do some painting. Joel was painting "roads" and a "parking lot" on his piece of wood and Myah was decorating her balance beam that her daddy surprised her with last week. She just wanted to make it more colorful! Of course you can't keep a 13 month old out of the fun either! Kiana was covered from head to toe with every color paint we were using! The blue in her hair took 2 washings to get it out, and I'm sure you can still find traces of it there. I'm not sure if the clothes are salvagable or not!

It's so much fun to watch a little 1 year old discover the world around her. Sometimes I just stop and think about these experiences as being a very first for her! How incredible it must be to crawl through the grass for the first time and dig in mommy's flower garden, just like she does! After she had her bath (probably her first of at least 2 for the day!) I just snuggled her tightly and was thrilled by the fact that she just clung to me. Every day is a treasure full of new experiences for all our children! I'm just trying to soak them up as much as I can, even if it does mean that it's bathtime again!

No comments: