Tuesday, April 25, 2006

BACK TO TEACHING!

Earlier this year, I went through a study of the fruits of the spirit with Myah as part of her schooling. Tonight I am sort of recycling some of this information and teaching it to a group of kids ranging from 3-12! I got the initial information
here, however, I have changed and added a lot to it. Because of the vast age-range, I'm going to split them into two groups for some of the activities. For example, with the older crowd, I have a word scramble made and for the younger group, I'm going to have them choose which picture goes with which fruit. (for example, love = a heart, etc.) Not only do I want them to learn and know what the fruits of the spirit are, but also the importance of living them out.

One idea that a friend of mine had was to dig up 2 dandelions and take the roots with one and not the other. Roots = Fruits! If our roots are firm in Christ, we will produce fruit (or in the dandelion case, a flower....) If our roots are not firm in Christ, we will whither and not be able to produce fruit.

Another key is to ask God to help us bear fruit! I'm going to teach them how to turn Galatians 5:22-23 into a prayer so they can understand how to ask God to help them produce fruit!

I'm looking forward to this experience, but I'm a bit overwhelmed. I think I "over-planned" for tonight, but that's okay...there's always next week to finish! I'm excited to teach other kids again. Other than my own kids (which keeps me VERY busy...), it's been 5-1/2 years since I've been in the world of teaching!

No comments: