Monday, April 10, 2006

LAST "BELIEVING GOD" BIBLE STUDY TONIGHT....

As I finished my last day of my Bible study called "Believing God", this thought hit me today in a deeper way. What we believe is what makes us who we are and how we live. It is what prioritizes our time and our energy. The things that really matter to us are what we spend our life doing. I find myself checking, what is it that REALLY matters to you, Terri??? Is it the same things that matter to God??

As a part of this Bible study, we have been asked to look back over our entire life and remember "GodStops", or places where God made Himself known to us, even before we knew Christ. As time goes on, I'd like to share some details of what I discovered in my own life, but I'm not sure I'm ready for that just yet. Looking back over the past 3-4 years, however, especially since we've moved to Montana, I've really been able to see why God has allowed some of the things in my life that He has. Our move to Montana is one of them.

I've really been trying to be purposeful about knowing what I believe and living that out in my life, especially lately. I don't want to live a life of mediocrity because Jesus called me to much more than that. He called me to an abundanat life of believing Him. (Which I continue to learn what this entails on a daily basis, with many failures, I might add!) I want my passion for Jesus to only increase daily! My prayer is that what I believe really comes out in who I am and how I live my life -- not for my glory, but only to show the glory of Jesus to others. I want every person who knows me to know how much I love Jesus. I want it to be contaigous to my children and to those around me. I want to "catch" it when other people are experiencing a fresh "God bug". I want God to constantly stretch me into a greater understanding of who He is. I know where He's taken me, and I don't want to go back! I'm so excited to see what He still wants to teach me! My heart is open to learn!

My thoughts may seem kind of scattered today. I have so many things rolling around in my head that I'd like to write about, but time just doesn't allow them all to come out right now. Because of that, I fear that they are all inter-mixed and coming out as such, but God is doing a new thing! Praise Him for what He continues to teach me!

If you don't yet know this Jesus personally, let me tell you, He IS real and He loves you more than you could ever imagine. No matter where you've been or what you've done. He forgives and wants to bring joy and peace into your life. Just call out to Him. The Bible says when we draw near to Him, He draws near to us. I'm sure there will be more random thoughts to come. Blessings on you today!

No comments: