Monday, April 03, 2006

GONE FISHING!

I must confess I gave a face when Evan's buddy called him up to go fishing last Saturday. Why am I so selfish??? My poor guy works so hard all week and could stand a break now and then to go do something he enjoys. Evan told him yes, but like always, I sort of hold it against him for a few days until he goes, fighting my flesh and knowing that he really does deserve a day out.

I often think of a comment Debi Pearl makes about a similar thing. She says we should work hard during the week (ie: mow the lawn, do HIS chores for him) just to free him up to be able to spend some time fishing or having free time to himself on Saturday. Ouch! That's a hard one for me to chew on! It all boils down to my selfishness, which God is continuing to work on in me.

Evan had a wonderful time with 2 guys. One of which he is trying to be a witness to, and the other one is one of his biggest supports in his Christian walk. I imagine that God was up to something! :) They all caught lots of fish, including many nice ones!
Keep teaching me, Lord!

No comments: