Friday, April 07, 2006

THE ONLY PANCAKES WE EVER MAKE!

This recipe came from my friend, Jen. I've been typing up a cookbook we are putting together for our last night of our Bible study, and thought I'd share this recipe with you as well. My kids won't let me make any others any more, and they're healthy!

WHOLE WHEAT BUTTERMILK PANCAKES
¾ cup flour
¾ cup wheat flour
3 Tbsp. Sugar
1-1/2 tsp. Baking powder
½ tsp. Baking soda
½ tsp. Salt
1-1/2 cup buttermilk (Make your own: 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice mixed in with reg. Milk. Let set a couple minutes)
1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
1 lg. Egg
1 lg. Egg white

Combine flours, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt in lg. bowl, stirring with whisk. Combine buttermilk, oil, egg and egg white, stirring with whisk. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Pour onto heated griddle and enjoy!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Terri, wow, those sound delicious! I'll have to try them. I was thinking about making pancakes in the morning so maybe I'll give these a shot if I have everything.
Also, I like the new look of your blog. Way to go with the side bar! I still haven't figured out how to add anything other than what came with the blog and have been a little frustrated with all the template lingo. I bought Building Websites for Dummies and thought that might help, Ha!

Terri said...

I hope you enjoy them as much as we do! We enjoyed them this morning as well. My son can't get enough of them! :)

It took me a long time to figure out the side bar stuff. If you want me to e-mail you some of the things I figured out, I'd be happy to. I just played with it until it finally worked. It's just a matter of copying and pasting the right things in order and knowing where to type your stuff.

Kimberly said...

Terri, I would love it if you could give me some pointers on how to work with the template. Don't go out of your way, but if you have some time you can email me at kimdbass@hotmail.com
Thank you so much!