PRAYER (Part 2)
Praying Scripture
One of the highlights of praying that I've been learning to do is pray Scripture back to Jesus. I ask Him each day for a new passage that He wants to be working on in my life and pray that God will will transform me to be like the passage says. I'm learning it's a good base to start my prayer time on. I've been writing these on notecards and praying through them on a daily basis. Not only do I know that I'm always praying in God's will when I pray this way, but it's also helping me to really become more and more familiar with Scripture.
Here's an example:
Romans 12:9-13
Let my love be without hypocrisy. Help me to abhor what is evil and cling to what is good, Jesus. Teach me to always be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; help me not to lag in diligence, but be fervent in spirit, serving you Lord; help me to always rejoice in hope, be paitient when I'm facing tribulation, continue steadfastly in prayer. Oh Lord, keep teaching me to pray! Help me to always be a servant, distributing to the needs of the saints and being given to hospitality. Show me today dear Jesus, how I can specifically be a servant to others for you. Praise you, Jesus! In Your precious name, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment