Friday, March 03, 2006


KIANA IS ONE!

I can't believe my baby turned 1 this past week. It was her golden birthday no less, so a very special one! You only get one of those in your lifetime, and hers happened to be her first one! :)

We celebrated with just our family, which I'm getting use to. Back when I was growing up, we would always have big celebrations with grandparents and even aunts, uncles and cousins, so it took some time to be okay with it being just us. Now, I sort of like it. Yes, we miss the extended family at our parties, but I do think it has brought our immediate family closer together. (It helps there is 5 of us, so we still feel like we're having a party!) We still try to entice grandparents to come for whatever celebration they can, but obviously they can't be here for every one of them.

Kiana's cake was a pink elephant. We are very much into cake creations at our household. I think we've done 2 butterflies, a jeep, a horse, a triangle and now an elephant. (The rest were all "normal", I think.) Myah usually plans out her cake 1-2 years in advance, which is good because I have to do plenty of research to find something I can actually do to keep them all happy!

A little update on Kiana and her cute doings:

* She is cruising along furniture and letting go now and then, but just doesn't think she needs to walk to get somewhere yet. And why should she? With her cute little "monkey crawl" (which she picked up b/c of our hard wood floors, I think) she can get where she wants to be in no time flat!

* She leans in for perfect little kisses about 1053 times a day! She does this mostly to daddy, but mommy gets lucky sometimes too!

* Today I asked Myah why Kiana was crying in her carseat ( I was driving and couldn't do anything at the moment....) and Myah's response was, "I think her teeth are coming in again!" :) She has 2 on top and 2 on bottom, but NONE are coming in at the moment.

* The only way she eats baby cereal is if you first dip it into fruit and then feed it to her. It doesn't matter how MUCH fruit you mix in with it, she still likes it dipped!

* She LOVES birthday cake!!!

3 comments:

IndyMom said...

Great cake! Cute little girl!
It's taken me a while to finally look at your website. I'm sure I'll be bak.

IndyMom said...

I'm sure I'll be back - I should check my spelling more carefully when leaving comments.

Terri said...

Thanks for stopping by! :)