Sunday, March 19, 2006

MY NEW NIECE!

I'm officially an aunt again after this week. My sister had her first baby, a girl, Evelyn Mae on Wednesday, March 15 at 3:12 in the afternoon. She was 6 pounds 5 ounces and 20 inches long. She has beautiful dark hair and the cutest cheeks!

The hardest part is not being able to be there to share their joy in this time. We have definitely been called to live in MT, but one of the people I miss the most is my sister, and especially during special times like this! I've called her at least once a day to check in on her (sometime more!) and don't want to be annoying, but at the same time I want her to know I care. I've been researching plane tickets and trying to decide if leaving my family for a long weekend is a good idea or not. My other option is convincing my husband to drive back to MI again this summer, but since we were just there, I'm not sure that's a feasable option either. It's one of those moments when you just wish you could snap your fingers and be there and snap them again and be back. I'm learning my role right now is to be a support where I'm at and at the same time pray for them through this transition time. Things haven't gone 100% the way they wanted them to go and now they are in the adjustment mode of breastfeeding and getting use to a new little one around, and lack of sleep -- something that will be VERY difficult for her! :)

Traci and I have a unique relationship. It's amazing the bond between sisters. The change that takes place once you both mature a bit and grow up is pretty incredible. She is one person I can share anything with. I'm so thankful God chose to bless me with her as a sister, and I'm so excited for her and Andy as they are embarking on this great adventure of parenthood. We have so much in common already, and now we will have even more in common, as we are both going to be experiencing motherhood together.

Blessings you guys! We love you and pray for you!

No comments: