Wednesday, March 15, 2006

CLEANING HOUSE

It's about this time of year that Evan and I get antsy to sort through things and get rid of extra junk laying around that we no longer use. We've been faithful the past 2 years with having a yard sale, and we're also getting pretty use to using e-bay to sell some of the larger items. One thing God is teaching me, however, is to GIVE more. A good friend of mine has really taught me a lot about giving just by knowing her and observing her lifestyle. They bless and bless and bless other people and I told God, "I want to be more like that!" I tend to stick to my flesh and think, "Hmmm, I can get $20 for that, so maybe I better just sell it..." I have to confess, I have a long way to go on this one, but I am SLOWLY learning! God also calls us to be good stewards with what we have, and yard sales and e-bay are a great way to do that. I think the key is being in tune with the Holy Spirit and when He says "GIVE!" to be obedient!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we've been in that clean house mode around here lately as well. Todd is into the "getting rid" of stage. For me giving is just a lot more easier and convenient that trying to sell an item. I think "oh, maybe I should sell that, I could get some money for it" and then I think "well, that would mean extra work" so I opt for giving for those reasons. Kind of selfish of me... Julie