LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
As I said in my previous post, I listened to a teaching on 2 Cor. 3 last night given by Beth Moore. While the entire teaching was convicting and very thought-provoking, this verse stood out to me:
2 Cor. 3:3
"You should know that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts."
These are the thoughts that stood out to me from Beth's teaching:
My life is meant to be a letter of recommendation, written to my world of influence, and written on my life. What an amazing thought! My life is a letter of recommendation for others to see & know Jesus! God is writing a letter on my life to those around me! It's one of the ways He uses to prompt other people's hearts to respond to Him! I'm learning more and more that it's not just enough to do the status quo -- attend church and do what's right. God wants to make a "Jesus Freak" out of each one of us so we can have a huge impact on our own worlds that He has placed us in. I'm so thankful that God keeps sending me reminders of this! It's so easy to keep getting caught up in the everyday tasks of life and focus on "fulfilling Terri's needs and wants" when my whole reason for living is to bring glory to God! His glory is what makes Him recognizable to other people, and that is why it's so important! (See 2 Cor. 3:18) Practically speaking, I do this by being a servant and that is accomplished by walking in the Spirit.
Lord, may my life be a letter of recommendation to all those I come in contact with revealing your glory to a lost world! May it also be a consuming passion for you, Jesus, that is contagious to all those around me. May I leave a legacy of faith and passion for You to my family. In your holy name, Jesus, amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment