HOMEMADE "BISQUICK" MIX
I haven't compared prices on whether or not it's cheaper to make your own, but if you ever run out of bisquick, here is a quick recipe to make it from scratch. I use this all the time now instead of buying it, and just store it in my refrigerator. The original recipe called for shortening, which I am trying to cut out of my cooking, so I made it with butter. If you do use shortening, you can store in the cupboard.
5 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3 Tbsp. baking powder
1 cup butter (or shortening) cut in with pastry blender
A quick biscuit recipe:
(also on Bisquick box)
2 1/2 cups biscuit mix
2/3 cup milk
Stir till soft dough forms. Kneed on floured surface about 10 times. Roll dough 1/2 inch thick and cut with cutter. (We use fun cookie cutter shapes...kids love it!) Put on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
No comments:
Post a Comment