Saturday, January 21, 2006

MORE THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE FROM DEBI PEARL....

Since I've gotten the most comments on the previous post regarding Debi Pearl's "Created to Be His Helpmeet", I thought I'd add a few more quotes to the pot. Enjoy!


PAGE 37
"Joy begins with thankfulness. Quite often our attitudes hang in the balance; by making a conscious choice, we can tip our souls into dark moods of complaining, or into thankfulness and praise. It is amazing how much your mouth controls your soul. You can smile with your mouth and say, "Thank you, God; thank you, husband; thank you, children," and your spirit is directed into gratitude with joy following. Thankfulness is how you think; joy is the abundance it produces."

"When you catch yourself becoming irritated or disturbed at circumstances, stop and laugh at the little things that steal your peace. Count your blessings and learn to be appreciative."

PAGE 76
"If you fight his (a husband's) inadequacies, both of you will fail. If you love him with his inadequacies and without taking charge, both of you will succeed and grow."

PAGE 101
"Your reactions define who you really are inside and what you really believe at your core level."




1 comment:

Terri said...

I couldn't agree with you more, Steve! It's really sad to see how this issue has harmed so many marriages and kept them from being what they should be!