Monday, January 16, 2006

A PRAYER FOR MY CHILDREN...

One of my favorite quotes comes from Stormie O'Martian:

"Being a perfect parent doesn't matter. Being a praying parent does."

This reminds me of the importance of praying for my children on a DAILY basis. I love all her books, but especially, "The Power of a Praying Parent" and "The Power of a Praying Wife". They have truly been a blessing to me and answer to my prayer of, "Lord, teach me to pray!" I use them regularly.

The prayer below is one from my heart for my children. Feel free to use it and plug your children's names in where mine are. (This prayer was taken from various places...Motherwise Bible Studies by Denise Glenn, The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie O'Martian, and also edited to be from my heart. I don't even know which parts are from where anymore, but I do want to give them proper credit.) It just helps bring me into the mode of praying for my kids.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive it.” Matthew 21:22

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lord Jesus,

I bind Myah, Joel and Kiana to You today and throughout all of their lives! I loose them from any plans the enemy has for them. I loose them from satanic influences. I loose them from their own fleshy attitudes and actions. I loose them from the world’s pull on their lives.

I thank you, Lord, that you have called each of them apart for you. I bind them to the plan you have for them, Lord Jesus! I pray, Lord, that you will use them to impact millions of people for your kingdom, Jesus.

I pray today that the blood of Jesus, the name of Jesus, and the Word of God will save them, protect them and anoint them.

I pray a hedge of protection around them today and every day that they live and breathe. Use them to further your kingdom, Lord.

Help my children to grow up with one passion and that is to serve you. Make them prayer warriors and Bible scholars, but most importantly intimate friends with you. Show them how to be bold in their faith and honor you in everything they do!

Teach Myah, Joel and Kiana to be loving to every person they come in contact with. Teach them to be giving and not selfish. Give them humble spirits, Jesus. Make them quick to obey You.

Bless our relationship with our children. May we always be close and open with each other. May there never be a wall build up between us, Lord, but may our communication and relationship be blessed all the days of our lives.

Where we fail as parents, dear Jesus, please fill in the gaps with your grace.

In Jesus name, AMEN.

No comments: