HEALTHY THOUGHTS
My friend Joleen has really got me thinking on the topic of health issues lately. I've been doing some basic research on organic foods, the possiblity that we are being poisoned by things we aren't even aware of as well as herbal remedies for our basic illnesses. I recently found a website that deals with these natural remedies and have been addicted to it since. The Pearls, whom I know by now you know I admire, are the authors of it and offer SO MUCH knowledge on herbal remedies there. (I about went through all my paper printing off their articles and I can't wait to take a trip to the library to get some books!) You can also purchase herbs in bulk through that website as well. (See my links to visit the site.)
Have you ever researched why trans fat is so bad? Did you know that pet birds are dying and it's being linked to the teflon on our pans? What is that doing to us? Did you know that partially hydrogenated vegetable oil is horrible for you and it's in so much of our food? (Like JIF peanutbutter!) I feel so ignorant about so many things that can be harming my family. I'm only beginning to do research on it, but it all definitely has peaked my interest lately! Oh how I wish I had more time to research and learn!
1 comment:
I have been interested in this topic for a while, and it can be quite overwhelming! Like you, I do not have nearly the time I would like to have to put into learning more about it, but my best advice (and advice I have been given!) is to take baby steps... concentrate on just changing one food at a time, if there are things you want to be doing differently with your family's diet. My motto is that I just try to stick to "real" food as much as possible, staying away from lots of preservatives and yes, partially hydrogenated stuff (like butter instead of margerine, real peanut butter, real juice instead of fruit-flavored sugar water...he, he). I do not do this religiously, I just try to be careful. It requires reading LOTS of labels!
Oh, and I just heard a report the other day that I believe by 2010 teflon may be off the market because of harmful chemicals emitted by the plants that produce it.
Val
Post a Comment