Monday, January 30, 2006

"IF YOU SAY GO..."

A while back, my sister gave me the new Vineyard worship sampler CD that they give out at Vineyard churches. The whole CD is excellent, but one song in particular always hits me when I hear it. I don't have a copy of the exact words with the CD, but I wrote down what I think they are and wanted to share it. I think this song speaks to me so much since we have moved halfway across the country away from our families, and we also never really know what God has in store around the next bend. Part of me, I think, is secretly hoping to just really settle down and have a "homestead" for our children. But, not MY will, but the Lord's be done...whatever that may be!


If you say go, we will go.
If you way wait, we will wait.
If you say step out on the water and they say it can't be done,
We'll fix our eyes on you and we will come.

Your ways are higher than our ways,
and all plans that you have made are good and true.
If you call us to the fire, you will not withdraw your hand.
We'll gaze into the place and look for you.

If you say go, we will go.
If you way wait, we will wait.
If you say step out on othe water and they say it can't be done,
We'll fix our eyes on you and we will come.

No comments: