Friday, February 10, 2006

THE TEFLON ISSUE

I recently packed up my teflon skillet and have switched to using my cast iron one. Studies are showing how dangerous teflon really is.
This is one article that discusses the impact that teflon is having on unborn babies. If you're still using teflon, I would recommend switching to either stainless or cast iron. Just an FYI!

5 comments:

kyperman said...

I didn't know you had a Blog...super, I will add you to my links!!

Anonymous said...

I still have teflon in my kitchen--I will be trying to phase it out, but have decided not to stress out over that right now... I have enough other stuff to stress over. :) The problem is that once you get into reading about all the things that could be causing us harm in our environment, you realize that it is virtually impossible to avoid all the potentially bad things--it's just the nature of the world we live in in this day and age. Do you own a microwave? Do you use anti-persperant deoderant? Do you have an electric blanket on your bed? What happens to all those healthy fruits and vegetables before they get to our table? I have even heard that ingredients in shampoos and toothpastes can be causing us harm. I am at the point right now where I have become overwhelmed with all the conflicting information I hear/read on different things, and realizing that stressing over it is harming my quality of life just as much as using some potentially harmful products. We had a friend in Australia who was totally into eating organic and everything, and he still contracted leukemia and died at age 28. I am not saying, however, that you should not try to avoid some of these things if you can, but you have to be able to live life, too! Do the best you can with what you have been given! :)

Val

Anonymous said...

I think Val hit the spot. It is so hard to do it all right in this day and age. I've heard about hormones in cow's milk, pbc's in plasticware...seems like everything can cause cancer or alzheimers or something else. What are you to do? It's a bit overwhelming. Julie

Terri said...

Hey guys,

I, too, have been overwhelmed with all this stuff, to the point of really stressing out about it these past few weeks. (And no, it hasn't benefited my quality of life either, that's for sure!) Thank you so much for your comments!

Val, I think you did hit the nail on the head! You made me feel so much better.

~Terri

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad, Terri--I was hoping that it would not make you feel worse! I do give you a lot of credit for using your cast iron skillet!
You go, girl!
Val :)