A HEART FOR JESUS
(By Juanita Bynum)
My kids recently received this children's book for Christmas from their Grandma and Grandpa. I wanted to post this. Be blessed!
On Sunday, Mom said she gave her heart to Jesus. I'm not sure what that means. I heard her heart beating when she gave me a hug just then.
On Monday, Mom smiled and made me oatmeal for breakfast. When I spilled the milk, I felt so bad. Mom didn't even get upset. She said it was OK. She cleaned up the milk and poured me a new glass. She gave me a hug, and I could hear her heart beating.
I heard it again when she read me a story. She picked me up and kissed my knee when I fell. And there was that heart beating...thumpa thump thump.
I could hear it thumpa thump when she rocked me to sleep. "Mom, you still have a heart. Did you really give it to Jesus?
"Yes, child. But I didn't give Him the heart that beats in my chest. I gave Jesus my feelings, my thoughts, my ideas, and my wishes. Now when I feel sad or afraid, Jesus understands and makes me feel better. When I get tired of being kind to others, I ask Jesus to give me strength. When there is something very special that I want or need, I can ask Jesus for it. He never runs out of joy...courage...patience...or strength."
"Sometimes I feel sad inside. Sometimes I feel afraid. I want to have a new heart from Jesus, too!"
"You can. All you have to do is ask."
"Tell us, how do we give our hearts to Jesus?"
"You don't give the heart that beats in your body to Jesus.
You give Him your feelings....He feels with you.
You give Him your thoughts...He thinks with you.
You give Him your ideas and wishes...
He helps you make those wishes come true."
"How do I give Jesus all those things?"
"Yeah, I can't see them or touch them."
"Just talk to Jesus in prayer. He can hear you wherever you are. He cares about your feelings...your thoughts...your wishes... Jesus wants to be part of your life. When you tell Him about the things that worry you and ask for His help, it is like giving those things to Him to take care of."
Jesus, I believe You love me. The Bible says You love me so much that You died to take away my sins. Please forgive me for the wrong things that I have done. Make my heart clean and new. Fill me with Your love and joy and courage. Be with me every day. Help me live and love others the way You do. I ask in Your name. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment