Wednesday, February 15, 2006

LIGHT AND FLUFFY OR SINFUL AND YUMMY?

I have to bring a dessert to a friend's house on Friday night, and I was torn between these two recipes. The first one we use to eat a lot growing up and tastes wonderful and the second one is loaded with calories and "bad for you" stuff, but truly does fit it's name. Since I'm on a health kick right now, the first one would have been better, but the sales at the grocery store made the decision for me....Sinful and Yummy! I'll make the light and fluffy one next time (as I truly do love this recipe, too!), but I couldn't pass up saving some money. Thought I'd share both recipes with you.

Pick-N-Cake
(Light and fluffy)

Yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
11 oz. can mandarin oranges with juice

Bake at 350 in 9X13 for 30 minutes

Frosting:
lg. can crushed pineapple in juice
3 oz. instant vanilla pudding
9 oz. cool whip

Better Than Anything Cake
(Sinful and Yummy)

1 German Chocolate cake mix, baked according to package in 9X13.

Using a wooden spoon handle, poke holes all over cake. Pour 1 can sweetened condensed milk over top and then either caramel or chocolate ice cream topping and cover with cool whip. Can also add crunched up heath bars on top.

No comments: