Wednesday, February 22, 2006

MIRACLES CONT.

I've been kind of unsettled about my last post on miracles and wanted to add this to it...

I know many people who have prayed for a miracle in their life who still haven't or never did receive it, and this is NOT due to a lack of faith by any means. Some of these people have more faith than anyone I know! Beth's teaching that I summarized below did not cover this topic, but this is yet to come in a few weeks. God is God and doesn't always choose to perform a miracle, even if a person has more faith than all of us combined, and sometimes it's just His timing. I'm really looking forward to that section of her teaching, and will keep you posted on what I learn.

1 comment:

the Domina said...

There are some who have tremendous amounts of faith and earnestly pray and seek for miracles (say, healing) but never receive them. There may be an issue of that person not being in submission to God's will for them to go through this trial, like Job submitted to the losses God allowed Satan to inflict upon him.

And on the flip side, miracles happen to those who don't believe or have no faith at all! What a wacky system, we think. But God doesn't operate on a vending machine formula - enough faith=miracles/answered prayer. A humble heart that seeks God's glory first over my own comfort and wishes is what He desires.

And be careful with the Mark 9 verse. I can honestly believe that I can fly if I jump off the Empire State building, but we all know what will happen. It would be God's will for me to succumb to my own stupidity at that point. :)

Good thought provoking post, Terri.
Sara