MY NEW FAVORITE MUFFIN RECIPE!
My friend, Jen, gave me this recipe a couple days ago and she got it from Cooking Light magazine. I made them today and they are yummy and healthy! Thought I'd share the recipe...
Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
1 2/3 cup quick oats
2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup oil
2 tsp. lemon rind
2 eggs
2 cups blueberries
2 Tbsp four (if the berries are frozen)
2 Tbsp sugar
Place oats in food processor or chopper and grind up a bit. :) Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl and stir. Combine buttermilk, oil, lemon, and eggs in separate bowl. Stir well and add to flour mixture just until moist. If BB are frozen, toss with 2 Tbsp. flour. Fold in. Before baking, sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. YUMMY!
2 comments:
Hey Terri,
Thanks for sharing this recipe! Blueberry muffins are my favorite, but my mom's recipe that I usually use leaves a bit to be desired in the nutrition dept. I look forward to trying these!
One question: I don't usually have lemons lying around... do you think it would make much difference to omit the lemon rind?
Val
No, my friend Jen didn't use it either and she said hers turned out fine. I forgot to add the sugar at the last minute, and they weren't quite as sweet as I imagine they would be with it! It's not keeping my family out of them, though. Let me know what you think! :)
Post a Comment