STAYING ABOVE WATER
Laundry. Some days, I just feel like I'm sinking. This week, I've been looking at piles of laundry on my table for 3 days now. Why can't I get it done??? I get several loads put away and there's always another one. Even with my kids' help we just can't seem to get caught up. Maybe I'm just getting so use to having Tandra around that I have a hard time functioning on my own when I have to! :)
School. I've done so well this year about being purposeful not to compare myself to other families that homeschool. It seems that when I compare, I get frustrated myself and feel so inadequate. But, when I focus on what God has called ME to do, and HOW He's called me to do it, I am so much more peaceful about life. The past couple days this has been a struggle for me. Please slap me if you ever hear me comparing our school life to that of another family. What God has called me to, He will enable me to do! Praise Him!
People. This is the best part. God has blessed us with such amazing people in our lives, and I couldn't be more thrilled. The only problem is that I feel like I'm a bad friend many days. I forget to call people back. I fall asleep while watching movies with friends. (Can't remember the last movie I made it through!) I fall asleep while visiting with friends! (Okay, so that was after midnight, so don't think too badly of me...) I'm truly thankful for the "Montana family" we've been blessed with since we live so far from our blood family. The best part is, they all seem to have grace for me and love me no matter what! Thanks, everyone!
My list is always a mile long. This morning when I was feeling at the end of my rope and could hardly contain my frustration any longer, my face hit the carpet and I surrendered everything to God. I asked Him to help me be the mom I needed to be today, to fill me with love, and help me prioritize my day. Here I am, at 3:00, feeling like I've accomplished enough to actually sit and blog for a few minutes. Praise God!
Laundry. Some days, I just feel like I'm sinking. This week, I've been looking at piles of laundry on my table for 3 days now. Why can't I get it done??? I get several loads put away and there's always another one. Even with my kids' help we just can't seem to get caught up. Maybe I'm just getting so use to having Tandra around that I have a hard time functioning on my own when I have to! :)
School. I've done so well this year about being purposeful not to compare myself to other families that homeschool. It seems that when I compare, I get frustrated myself and feel so inadequate. But, when I focus on what God has called ME to do, and HOW He's called me to do it, I am so much more peaceful about life. The past couple days this has been a struggle for me. Please slap me if you ever hear me comparing our school life to that of another family. What God has called me to, He will enable me to do! Praise Him!
People. This is the best part. God has blessed us with such amazing people in our lives, and I couldn't be more thrilled. The only problem is that I feel like I'm a bad friend many days. I forget to call people back. I fall asleep while watching movies with friends. (Can't remember the last movie I made it through!) I fall asleep while visiting with friends! (Okay, so that was after midnight, so don't think too badly of me...) I'm truly thankful for the "Montana family" we've been blessed with since we live so far from our blood family. The best part is, they all seem to have grace for me and love me no matter what! Thanks, everyone!
My list is always a mile long. This morning when I was feeling at the end of my rope and could hardly contain my frustration any longer, my face hit the carpet and I surrendered everything to God. I asked Him to help me be the mom I needed to be today, to fill me with love, and help me prioritize my day. Here I am, at 3:00, feeling like I've accomplished enough to actually sit and blog for a few minutes. Praise God!
I do have to finish my laundry, though....
6 comments:
God is good :) Noses in the carpet is the best place to be. No laundry or dust balls can stop the movement of grace and love! Love covers all things. Love you!
Hi again! I can completely relate to all you said! Remember that the Devil is the accuser of the saints and He will do all in his power to discourage and sideline us! "Greater is He that is in you than He that is in the world"...we are on the victorious side so we need not fear the Devil! I love Elisabeth Elliot and her wise advice has been taken to my heart over the years. When thinking about you and the laundry, etc...I thought of this poem...I don't know who to give credit to except that Elisabeth Elliot has quoted it. Here it is...
DO THE NEXT THING
At an old English parsonage down by the sea,
There came in the twilight a message to me.
Its quaint Saxon legend deeply engraven
That, as it seems to me, teaching from heaven.
And all through the hours the quiet words ring,
Like a low inspiration, do the next thing.
Many a questioning, many a fear,
Many a doubt hath its quieting here.
Moment by moment, let down from heaven,
Time, opportunity, and guidance are given.
Fear not tomorrows, child of the King,
Trust them with Jesus, do the next thing.
Do it immediately, do it with prayer;
Do it reliantly, casting all care.
Do it with reverence, tracing His hand,
Who placed it before thee with earnest command.
Stayed on Omnipotence, safe ‘neath His wing,
Leave all results, do the next thing.
Looking to Jesus, ever serener,
Working or suffering be thy demeanor;
In His dear presence, the rest of His calm,
The light of His countenance, be thy psalm,
Strong in His faithfulness, praise and sing.
Then, as He beckons, do the next thing.
That is the end of the poem...one more thought from my own experience regarding laundry specifically.
I have designated "outside clothes" for my kids. These are not worn in the house...that is where they wear their "inside clothes". Anyway, the outside clothes do not get washed very often...in fact, my kids have put them on with crunchy mud on the knees from the previous day's play. Obviously you need a drying rack to hang them on between outdoor stints, but this has saved me hundreds of loads of laundry over the years (I think I could say that literally as my two oldest boys are now nearly 14 and 12 years old). The inside clothes also stay cleaner longer as well...nice side effect. Maybe you are already doing this system and I've wasted your blog space...but if not, maybe it will keep the laundry more manageable!
Blessings for your day!
Camille
Thanks to you both so much! Tandra, thanks for lifting me up today and for all your help. I appreciate you more than you'll ever know. You are such a servant.
Camille -- Thank you for the encouragement. It's so refreshing to know I am not alone in my battles. :) That poem spoke volumes. Thank you for sharing it. Since my kids are just getting into that prime age of TONS of laundry, I LOVE your idea of outside clothes for several days. I think I will try to adopt that in our home somehow. I can see where it will save me so much laundry... :) Thank you so much! Blessings on your day!
by the way... you totally made it through the Anna Green Ables movie thing that you, Rachel, Myah and I watched! :)
I'm so glad you found it all useful! We are all in this together...what a blessing that we are not meant to "go it alone"...the Lord is so good to us!
Funny I can so relate today. All my children awoke this morning with issues. In frustration I also hit the floor in prayer. It is 1:30 here and I am finally feeling like I can eat my lunch and sit for a moment. My landry is not done either and I just got out of the shower and made more. Oh well... I'll dig through the pile for clean underware/socks tomorrow just like I did today:) Love you all, Kim
Post a Comment