WHAT WE'VE BEEN STUDYING THE PAST SEVERAL WEEKS
If, as a homeschool mom, you ever get frustrated and don't think you're accomplishing much, I've found it really helps to make a list of things you've studied/accomplished in the past few weeks/months. It really puts things into perspective. Often times I feel like we haven't accomlished much of anything and then I look at the reality and it makes me feel so much better! Having said that, this list is more for me than you, and much of it is still in progress!
Myah:
- 1 character quality per week (with Joel)
- various Proverbs, Psalm 139 (with Joel -- on-going)
- books of the Bible (with Joel)
- stories of the Bible (with Joel)
- adding and subtractin money
- multiplication/division
- commas
- discussion about seeds -- which ones are scattered by wind? carried by birds? have shells? grow in pods? have husks? have pulp? etc.
- state locations/capitals (we need to focus more on this!)
- USA facts
- answering the question "why"
- contractions
- spelling days/months, etc.
- writing stories (my favorite words that I heard for the first time today, "oops, I'm running out of room!" Much better than, "I can't" or "I don't want to!" which I usually hear!
- Why do people look different? Why, if God created everything "very good" do so many animals appear designed to attack other animals, or to defend themselves from attacks?
- 7 C's of History (creation, corruption, catastrophe, confusion, Christ, cross, consummation)
- Reading books about: Anne Frank, Titanic, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, The Race to the Moon
- Studying about how godly Americans impacted our nation
- different geographical stuff
Joel:
-1 character quality per week
- graphing, measuring, adding, subtracting
- books of the Bible
- stories of the Bible (connected with his reading)
- phonics, reading (the bulk of his school this year!)
- Proverbs, Psalm 139 (on-going)
- science with water (floating, boats, cargo, etc.)
- science with things outdoors
Kiana:
- letters/sounds, numbers
- beginning pre-reading stuff
- lots and lots and lots of coloring!
Anyone who has preschoolers may be interested in checking out this website. Kiana has loved it!
Aden:
- I opened up his new potty seat today and he WENT! The first time I put him on it! Yeah! I'm not going to stress about it right now, but my goal is to get him comfortable using it and making it a fun thing.
4 comments:
Be encouraged!! You are doing great! Remember your recent post in which you were discouraged?? Precept upon precept, line upon line, here a little, there a little...the Lord is good!
Thanks. I love your encouragement! :)
I enjoy visiting here...I feel as though we are friends! :)
I love Starfall! I recommend it to all my parents when we first start up a new school year. It is one of the best literacy sites I've come across!
Post a Comment