ONE MORE GARLIC REMEDY
I'm learning that garlic is just good for everything! AJ was a bit constipated today. He ran a bit of a fever this afternoon, and I read that often times they go hand in hand. (I haven't ruled out his ear yet, though, but he hasn't seemed to be bothered by that.)
So, I mixed 1 clove of fresh minced garlic and 2 cups of warm water in my blender. I poured it through a coffee filter to get out the chunks and I gave him an enema with it. Yes, I did it. I used a lubricated bulb syrenge and was very gentle. Because I was a little uncertain about what I was doing, I don't think I put as much in as what the people do that I read this from, but it was enough. About 1/2 hour later, he had one nasty diaper! Yeah! I did give him tylenol, so I really won't be able to tell if that affected his fever or not, though. I'm just hoping the fever doesn't come back! They say these enemas are good for almost any kind of sickness in a child because cleansing the colon helps so much in the healing process. Fever, colds, stuffy noses, etc.
In case you're wondering I read this information in The ABC Herbal. I've also read it other places, but this gave good instructions on how to do this.
2 comments:
Poor Aden buddy... :( I wish i could hold him and take everything he has so that he will feel 100% better!
Garlic for ear infections too - saute some crushed cloves in olive oil on the stove, then let cool to wrist-warm temp. Strain the chunks, then put a wee bit of the garlicy oil in the ear.
Haven't tried it, but my friend swears by it.
Post a Comment