Fall is and for as long as I can remember has been my favorite season. I love everything about it...the changing colors, cooler temps (after a HOT summer!), pumpkin patches, apple picking -- (which isn't possible where I live now, but I can still make apple pies & crisp!), enjoying the hard labors of our gardening, pulling out my sweaters, etc. Though spring is close behind, fall still rates at the top of my list.
Backing up a few years, I have some wonderful memories with Evan in the fall season as well. When we were dating, we took this great hike along the Kalamazoo River. It was so gorgeous! We took some great pictures, but I remember them not doing the beauty of what was around us justice. Hiking in the fall is one of my favorite things to do, and though we've taken many hikes together in the fall, that one just stands out in my head as being one I'll never forget.I also remember my first hunting season with Evan. I sat for hours up in a tree stand just waiting for a deer to come by. I had done it all -- showered with non-smelling soaps and shampoo, wore all the camo gear and froze my buns off just waiting. When my deer finally did come by, I didn't want to shoot it because it was this goofy looking thing. I wanted a pretty deer for my first deer, not something that everyone would laugh at me for! Last year, I did actually take my first animal -- an antelope. Evan & I had such a great time that day. I think he was pretty proud of his wife -- just the fact that I FINALLY had a successful hunting trip. :) There's something about antelope hunting, too. They are just beautiful animals and amazing creatures to watch. I'm really looking forward to getting out with him this year as well. I have an elk, antelope and a deer tag. We'll see what all gets filled.

We are also looking forward to one last mini-vacation this fall yet. Some friends of ours are driving out from MI to spend some time camping with us the end of September. We plan to take about 5 days or so, and do some trail-riding and exploring, both in and outside of Yellowstone Park. Fall is one of the best times to visit Yellowstone. The elk are in rut and and their antlers are just beautiful. It's a great time for photographing, both animals and the family. We like to try to get good pictures of the kids and even a family photo there when we go in the fall. It's just beautiful.
Anyhow, just had some reminiscing thoughts about the fall season. Tomorrow looks to be 95 degrees here, so even though some of the trees around here are already starting to change colors (most likely due to the drought!) it still just doesn't seem like fall yet. I'm waiting, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment