Wednesday, August 30, 2006

MORE THOUGHTS ON HOME SCHOOLING....

Sorry if you're getting tired of all my home schooling posts, but that is what is encompassing my life right now. I recently read a really interesting article on Unit Studies, of which I've always been a fan of, and I'm tucking this information away in my mind (& my files!) for possible use in the future. I sort of feel like I'm using unit studies, but with children's literature right now through "Five In a Row".

I find myself never content. Whenever we're in the middle of something, my mind is always racing to "What else could we be doing that is better?" even if what we're doing is really good. I struggle with enjoying the journey and finding joy in every moment, when my thoughts are always focused on the end result. I don't want to be caught up in the mindset that "we have to get through this so we can check it off our list", but so often I catch my brain playing that game.

Just some random thoughts for today...

No comments: