A new thing I plan to do with Myah that we started this week is having her choose and make a recipe all on her own each week. She'll pick the recipe ahead of time, and help me shop for the ingredients and then pick what day she wants to make it. Of course I'll help her where she needs it, but I want her to have the feeling of accomplishment in this area knowing that she can do things like this on her own. I'm also hoping to instill a love for cooking into her at a young age!
I have a kid's cookbook from Pampered Chef that we are using right now, but I will have to look for recipes elsewhere, too. I was looking for another way to "tie strings" with her (as Michael and Debi Pearl put it), and came up with this idea. It will work out well, I think, since Joel and Kiana share the same naptime in the afternoon. It's a great time for Mommy and Myah to bond -- something I feel like we need more of lately!
I hope to post her recipes here so that you can benefit from them as well!
She made dessert for tonight!

BRAIN FREEZE
3/4 cup frozen juice concentrate (your choice flavor)
3 vanilla yogurts (Myah used 1/2 of a large container)
With a whire wisk, stir up the concentrate until smooth and somewhat melted. Whisk in the yogurt. (Optional: add sprinkles to the top!) Pour into individual containers and freeze for 4-6 hours.
2 comments:
what does "tie strings" mean?
"Tying Strings" is the building of the relationship with the child, or bringing us closer together. The Pearls talk about it in their book, "To Train Up a Child," which I would HIGHLY recommend if you haven't read it. Myah and I have been struggling a bit lately in that category. I've felt like we've been butting heads a lot lately, and just needed some new things to bring us together again.
Post a Comment