Thursday, July 13, 2006

FIRE HITS WAY TOO CLOSE TO HOME

Guess you can say I'm trying to keep my mind off what's happening just 10 miles from where we live at the moment. It's one of those horrible, helpless feelings where you can do nothing, but pray and try to keep occupied with other things. Over 20,000 acres of land just north of here have burned, and many residents (including many of our friends) are being evacuated from their homes. To my knowledge, so far, no homes have burned, but a friend of ours home came very close. Evan is currently out there helping him and other farmers fight the fires as I write. (Thus one reason to try to keep myself occupied at the moment...) The latest story you can read about
here, and I'll try to keep you posted as more news comes available.

The kids and I have been praying on and off all afternoon. God controls the wind and He is in control of this fire. The sad thing is, this is only one of SO MANY fires that are burning in Montana as I write. There have been families in Montana who have lost homes and so much more.

I'll try to write more as I know more, but if you can, say a short prayer for all those involved. It gets pretty personal when people who have been like family to us are face to face with this.

No comments: