Saturday, April 18, 2009

GREAT TEACHING ON REGENERATION

I just can't seem to get enough of these teachings lately. I listen to them while I'm cooking, cleaning, doing anything around here! God's Word never returns void. It will NOT be a waste of your time to listen! In my opinion, you don't have time to NOT listen! I'm even getting close to begging you... A deeper understanding of God's Word has changed my life, and I pray I will never stop being changed and that I will continue to gain a deeper understanding until the day I die! I pray daily for discernment and to have blinders removed from my eyes so that I may see Him in truth! I pray the same for you... please take the time to listen...

1 comment:

jules said...

I love this verse:
Titus 3:5
"He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit."
I believe this says so clearly that we could never measure up to God's expectations and holiness. We will always fall short. And, that's exactly why He sent us Christ. However, this verse also reminds us that when we are saved we are washed new. I daily struggle with sin and I know that because of the Holy Spirit in my life I am conscious of this. I could never earn Salvation, but, for all Christ has done for me, I surely can work at living righteously and the Holy Spirit demands that of me.

I do appreciate what the Pastor said about church discipline being for the sake of God's glory and reputation. Those that are not Christians look at the church and expect us to live differently. It also brings me back to what I said on another of your posts. We become and are molded by what we are around - whom we hang around with, what we listen to, what we watch, how we spend our time, etc. If it is continually sin that we are around, then we will be molded in such a way. We are human. Christ was both human and God. He could resist temptation, we cannot. We need to guard ourselves as Christians and make sure we are in the Word so that we are molded in His ways and thus can live in the world but be seperate from it.