Tuesday, April 21, 2009

FIELD TRIP

I took the kids to my friend Della's house today. She has a daughter, Rachel, who's almost 13. They have been blessing our family with fresh milk for the past couple of weeks. Today we went to learn how to do some things with it. We made cheese, cottage cheese, honey butter and buttermilk. They sent us home with a cooler full of stuff, including two more gallons of milk, a half gallon of cream to make our own butter (or ice cream!) with, some buttermilk and two large chunks of cheese. On top of that, the spiritual blessing of being around a godly woman all day is priceless. The only regret I have is forgetting my camera at home! :( Thank you Della and Rachel for a super fun field trip. We truly are blessed to know you!!

4 comments:

Tandra said...

That is so awesome! I am so excited for you guys!

Camille said...

Did you make ice cream or butter yet? So much fun!! :)

Terri said...

We made butter, but not ice cream yet. Sure is fun!

Camille said...

That's neat! I bet it tastes great...especially on your homemade bread. Mmmmm