Sunday, February 15, 2009

ONE OF GOD'S WONDERFUL BLESSINGS IN MY LIFE

I just needed to publicly thank someone who has blessed me beyond measure and I have no idea how I'll ever repay her. Think of the world's greatest nanny -- yup, I've got her! And she doesn't charge a dime! All I'm allowed to do is spend time with her, teach her how to make bread, let her drink my tea, and let her feed our pigs. (She LOVES that job!) When she's at our house, she finishes all my laundry, somehow w/o my even knowing. She cleaned my shower (and I never even kenw it), has scrubbed my floors and has washed my windows. I absolutely love how she pours herself into my kids, constantly bringing them back to God's Word for wisdom. They really look up to her. She took off from work 2 weeks ago so that Evan and I could have a date on Valentine's Day. She changes poopy diapers, cleans my kitchen (several times a day when she's here!) She got up with me last night early in the morning when Aden was crying because he was sick and offered to pray with me over him. (By the way, Aden instantly fell asleep and has been doing much better ever since -- Praise God! He does answer prayer!) She has even helped butcher a pig! All that doesn't even scratch the surface for the blessing she has been to our family. Because of work and school, she can't be here very often, but we love it when she can. You've probably read some of her comments on here. I just wanted you to know how special she is. Thank you, Tandra, from the bottom of my heart. I pray God's richest blessings on you. You have such a servant's heart, and I love you dearly.

1 comment:

Tandra said...

:) You make me smile inside and out. Terri, I thank you, for you. You are absolutely amazing to me, and it's not just cause you make a mean cup of tea or loaf of bread. But the beautiful example you have set for me in my walk with the Lord. You're a sister, best friend and mother to me. Thank you for your love. It means more than you'll ever know. I love you and your family dearly as well and pray for you all constantly.