Wednesday, January 21, 2009

FOR ALL YOU NURSING MAMAS OUT THERE!



Mama's Milk Tea tea has made a huge difference in my milk supply. They also say it greatly increases the quality of your milk, though I have no way to judge that for myself!

Two more things I have learned in my study about herbs and nursing:
* avoid high quantities of parsley and sage
* avoid peppermint

These are used to dry your milk up!

2 comments:

jules said...

oh. I guess I should have read this first! Interesting the things that dry up milk! There were a couple of herbs that I took when I was pumping milk for Josh (to increase my supply). I wish I could think of them... That was 8 years ago already!

Terri said...

I'm guessing fenugreek was one of them! :) Some more might be nettle, dandelion, blessed thistle, fennel and red raspberry leaf. Can you believe it's been 8 years????