Thursday, January 22, 2009

SIMPLE & YUMMY!
What more could you ask for?

Sounds bland, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

1 lb. Italian sausage
1 head cabbage
8 oz. pasta (I use egg noodles most often)

Brown sausage in stock pot. Drain all but 2 Tbsp. grease. Shred cabbage and add to sausage. With lid on, cook over med. heat about 7 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta. When cooked, drain and add to sausage/cabbage mixture. Salt, pepper, maybe some parsley (if you're not nursing!) and there you be! Enjoy! This has become a regular lunch around here!

6 comments:

jules said...

That sounds absolutely delicious to me! Why can't nursing moms eat parsley?? Curious!

Camille said...

I have been reading your blog for awhile now and I am very encouraged that there is another homeschool mom out there who truly sees the "bigger picture". I wanted to post a comment to you to let you know what a blessing it has been to read what the Lord has been doing in your lives as a family.

I have four children...ages 13 down to 6 and this is our third year homeschooling. We live in British Columbia, Canada right on the coast. In fact, we go for a walk at the beach for morning exercise!

I have appreciated your focus where it really counts...it is obvious that you really love the Lord and seek to honour Him in all things. I just thought I would let you know that you are a blessing to even those you don't know! :)

Have a wonderful day!
Blessings,
Camille

P.S. We would call ourselves "Reformed Baptists" and I can relate to the things the Lord has been teaching you...keep your focus on the Lord and the Bible and you will never go wrong!

Terri said...

Julie -- Parsley is an herb used to dry your milk up, so a mom who is nursing should not eat large quantities of it. I just learned that this time round, AFTER I had really started adding larger quantities of it to a lot of dishes that I cook.

Camille -- Thank you so much for stopping by! Your comment really blessed me and was a huge encouragment. May God bless you and your family and I hope you continue to visit here!

Camille said...

Thanks for your gracious response! I am thankful you welcome my visits. :)

P.S. I have tried some of your recipes and my family has enjoyed them...especially that oven pancake!

Terri said...

Hi Camille,

We have since altered the oven pancake recipe just to try new things. We have added diced apples and cinnamon, which was everyone's favorite, and I also made a batch with blueberries! Glad you enjoy it! It's definitely a regular around here, too! To make your own syrup, take 1 cup of juice (we use apple or grape), mix in 1 Tbsp. corn starch and 1 tsp. sugar. Boil till thickened! Much healthier than the fake stuff (though my husband still prefers that) and cheaper than pure maple! :)

Camille said...

Thanks...great ideas! :)
Have a wonderful day!