Friday, January 16, 2009

BEEN WAY TOO LONG... so here are my excuses!


1. NINE puppies are a LOT of work! It's been a little better now that they are outside more, but still... imagine all these little buggers (adorable as they are!) in my house at night! Cardboard and newspaper have been my best friends lately! They start to go to their new homes this weekend...


2. Bible studies! Monday nights I am involved in a ladies study. We are studying Psalms 120-135 with Beth's Moore's "Ascent of the Psalms". Thursday nights we have one in our home for families on the life of Abraham. All have been wonderful, but they do keep us a bit more busy!

3. House projects! Evan got the tile laid and grout done this week. We still need to seal the grout, put up the wood on the bottom half of the walls and add our trim, which has been ordered. We also plan to work on the office this weekend.

4. Herbs! I am completely intrigued with them right now! It is amazing how much we don't know about these God-given blessings! I'd like to do a whole bunch of posts just on this topic to share all I'm learning, but for now you'll just have to do your own reading at The Bulk Herb Store. When I'm not busy with everything else, I'm cramming as much info into my head as I can about these things. This website is a wonderful resource!

5. Quilting! My first quilt is finished! I have yet to take a "finished" picture of it, but I will post one as soon as I do. For now we just enjoy it every night on our bed! I have cut out the top piece to Aden's quilt and the sewing has begun.

6. Boarding horses! Okay, so this doesn't take much of my time, but it's been fun to add two new horses to our pasture this past week. "April & Wrangler" are our new "pasture guests". :) I have some pictures of them that I will try to post sometime as well.

7. The best reason I have put blogging on the back burner... my family! Though I so often feel completely inadequate, I strive to be the best wife and mom I can be and that requires a LOT of time!

2 comments:

Tandra said...

Terri, you amaze me. God has made you the best wife you can be through His strength! And guess what! His strength.. is the POWER that rose Jesus from the dead! And that SAME power is the power we have THROUGH Christ! So that plus that equals= YOU ARE THE BEST WIFE BECAUSE OF CHRIST WHO LIVES IN YOU! Check out Ephesians 1:17-23 Love you honey bunches of oats!

Terri said...

Thanks, Tandra... :)