Wednesday, January 28, 2009

ANOTHER PORK RECIPE!

I have altered this quite a bit over the years to make it fit our taste buds and to make it even more healthy! Here's my altered version...






Pork Chops & Brown Rice

3-4 cups cooked brown rice
4-6 pork chops
1-2 whole peppers (your choice color- I use whatever I have)
1/2 onion, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes, somewhat drained (or sliced whole tomatoes)
green beans
peas
thyme
lots of garlic
Worcesterhire sauce
salt & pepper




Pour rice into greased 9X13. Brown pork chops on both sides in skillet; set aside. Add remaining ingredients to skillet. (veggies, spices) Simmer 10 minutes, season with salt & pepper. Lay 3/4 of veggies on top of rice. Arrange pork chops and top with additional veggies. (If using sliced tomatoes, layer on top of pork chops) Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Bake, covered at 350 for 1 hour.


5 comments:

Tandra said...

mmmMmmmmmMMmmm... You're day is coming Patty...


*tear*

atleast you'll have oreo and... forgot the other piglets name...Fred? haha

Tandra said...

P.S....are those subway veggies i see? haha

Unknown said...

pork casserole, pork sandwiches, pork pudding, pork pizza, pork pasta....pork soup, pork stir-fry, bbq pork, pork & eggs, pork & rice, pork patties, pork meatballs, fried pork, ground pork, fillet pork mignon...just kidding Terri :) Wait til we have our own cows, oh boy...

Terri said...

I'm looking forward to the cows, Dwight! Some beef would be a great addition to our diet around here. :) And no, Tandra, they are not Subway veggies, but we do use them for a lot around here, especially pizza!

By the way... Oreo's buddy is "Biscuit"! And yes, T, get your butchering gear on, Patty's day is coming!

Tandra said...

Ah! Biscuit!... i like Fred! haha jokes. And as for the veggies.. i am impressed with your chopping skills!

Also, Terri, I am so excited for when you get a cow! I want to be there to see your face light up! :) I can imagine it already!

p.s... i posted a new blog on my myspace... lol you should read it.