Tuesday, August 19, 2008

SCHOOL

Well, we have officially started. We did two days last week, and I'm hoping to get 3 days in this week. Next week we are traveling, but I do plan to do some school while we're gone as the kids and I will be in a hotel room quite a bit. Last week was very difficult and I wondered how on earth I was going to get through this year, but today went much better and I was able to see how it just might be possible. The difference? I was organized! I spent yesterday getting caught up on housework and laundry and last night preparing for today. I had all my copies made, read through my lessons and had piles of books organized for each kid on the table this morning when they woke up. If only I could always be that organized! The thought has crossed my mind to take Mondays off from school to get caught up regularly. I think it would make the rest of the week much better, but I'm not sure I can get all our school in 3 days per week and meet the required hours for the state. We already have Fridays off to go to Billings. It is something I am considering, however, or at least keeping that day very light.

One thing that is working VERY WELL this year is that Myah is spending about 30-60 minutes each morning with Kiana. It allows Kiana to feel like she's a part of school and she is really learning a lot from their time together. I have a list all laid out for Myah of what to do with her each day and she just goes through the list. This gives me time to work individually with Joel on his stuff and when he has his math and phonics/reading done, we do Bible and science all together. After that, I have time to work individually with Myah on the rest of her subjects before she does her independent work. When Aden isn't napping, he is usually sitting in his bouncy observing Kiana writing her letters and counting. He's getting a very big head start on this learning thing! :)

It's a crazy schedule, so pray for us when God brings us to your mind!


No comments: