Tuesday, August 05, 2008

POST STORM PICS


We had one of the worst storms I've seen since living here in Montana Sunday night. The ground outside was completely white from the hail that fell. Our garden is pretty much history, and I'm so sad because it really was doing well. This was the first year we were actually having success with watermelon and cantaloupe. I was babying those buggers like crazy! We had oodles of zucchini, beans and tomatoe plants that I think are pretty much done. The corn is history. It's disappointing, but I feel even worse for some of the farmers around here. Here are some photos...


Flowers


Kind of looks like winter, doesn't it?


Corn



Watermelon




Cantaloupe





Zucchini plants






Tomatoes














2 comments:

jules said...

I'm so sorry, Terri. All that work and anticipation. Oh, oh, oh. I don't know what else to say except that I'm glad you all were okay through the storm and that your house is okay.

Emilee said...

How awful, Terri. I am sorry that your beautiful garden was ruined, it is unbelievable! Myah's face is so sad in the zucchini picture, I'm sure the kids are upset by all of this too. Thank God you all are fine, though. I'm sure the storm was scary.