Sunday, September 09, 2007

BEING A DISCIPLE


Though I am very far from being all that this says, it does explain my heart. This is who I want to be! A disciple is a "disciplined learner". I am learning every day what it means to follow Jesus. I want to be the person that this describes, and no matter if it takes me until I die, I will strive to be just that... a disciple of Jesus. I may fall, but I will get back up.



I Am A Disciple of Jesus Christ
(written by Bob Moorhead)
I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.
I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed.
I have Holy Ghost power.
The dye has been cast; I have stepped over the line.
The love of God controls me; the decision has been made.
I am a disciple of His.
I won't look back, let up, slow down or back away.
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense,
my future is secure.
I am finished and I am done with low living,
sight walking, small planning, colorless dreams, mundane talking,
cheap giving and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need prosperity, position,
promotion, preeminence or popularity.
I don't have to be right, first, tops,
recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded.
I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk in His patience,
live in prayer and labor with power.
My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is the kingdom of God.
My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few,
my guide reliable, my mission clear.
I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away,
turned back, deluded or delayed.
I will not give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored
up, prayed up, paid up and spoken up for the cause of Christ.
I must go until He comes, give until I drop,
teach until all know, and run until He stops me.
I am a disciple of Jesus Christ!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Now THAT is something to really strive for! What a great goal for all of us. Thanks for posting it.

Kimberly said...

That's really powerful!! I'll have to print that one out and put it on my fridge as a daily reminder to keep my focus upward at all times. Loved it!

Terri said...

I have a copy on my fridge, too, to help me remember where my focus should be! Glad it was a blessing to you!