UPDATE ON "FIVE IN A ROW"
This post is in response to your question, Val! :)
We are still thoroughly enjoying "Five in a Row", but I'm finding myself not preparing as much as I had at the beginning, which is kind of frustrating. We haven't done as much of the cooking lessons either, which I'm sad about, but life has just been so busy these past few weeks, I haven't been able to think about any extras lately!
We are not necessarily going in the same order that the book has with our stories, but rather I am going by the due dates at the library! Also, if we own a certain book, "Madeline", for example, then I'm holding off on that one until I find myself in a pinch where I haven't kept up on getting them from the library.
We have enjoyed all of the books so far, with "Ping" being a favorite and "Who Owns the Sun" being the least favorite. Myah just plain didn't want to read that one again after we read it a couple times. It really bothered her that the book kept saying that "No one can own the sun" (or the stars, flowers, etc.). She kept saying, "God owns those things. Why doesn't the book say that?" I could see her point, but it amazed me at how much this really bothered her and the fact that she just couldn't accept that the book was written this way.
This week we are doing "The Rag Coat" by Lauren Mills. Today coal mines and cotton seemed to be the topics of discussion. She was intrigued with both of them. I haven't planned ahead enough to know what the rest of the week has in store for us, but we are enjoying this book this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment