LIVING LIFE ON PURPOSE
Ephesians 5:15-16 (NKJV)
"See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the time because the days are evil."
We had our Thursday night Bible study last night, and our topic for the night was Ephesians 5:15-16, and also relating to all the previous verses in the chapter. The following are some points I got out of our discussion last night -- some of them general, and others more personal:
* We are to live life, taking advantage of the opportunities we have to share Christ in this dark world we live in. The idea came up that Paul would love to live in this day and age simply because of the opportunity we live with to share Christ with so many lost people.
* Our actions are vital to sharing Christ. "Be careful, then, how you live..." (vs. 15 NIV)
* I am to live life as a CHRISTIAN who happens to be a mom, a wife, a neigbor and a friend. But I am first and foremost a Christian, and that should channel every action, word and thought I give.
* I need to be purposeful about all the tasks laid before me. Personally this means to me, teaching my kids as much as I can about the truth of God's Word and His love for them. Being purposeful not only means taking advantage of "teachable moments", but really taking the time to teach them from God's Word.
* Don't just react to what life brings you, be purposeful about living it every day.
* We are to "go into all the world and make disciples of all nations"...a disciple is a "disciplined learner"... am I being disciplined in my walk with Christ?
* Often times when we think of God's will for us, we think of the big things in life -- whom shall I marry, where do we live, etc. But once we know who we are in Christ, and keep Him first in everything, those big decisions in life will come easy.
* We are lights in this dark world, and where there is light, the darkness will be expelled. "And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them" (vs. 11). We can do this only because of the light of Christ that is in us.
* Live life ON PURPOSE, because we have a purpose to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment