COLD SNAP!
I'm not sure what happened, but overnight, the seasons changed. For starters, it RAINED all night long and has been raining all day today! We haven't seen measurable rain in months, it seems! I almost forgot what a rainy day is like. On top of that, our high temp went from mid 80's earlier this week to 42 degrees today. I have on 2 sweatshirts and when I took a short jaunt to the store, put on a coat as well. Why does 40 degrees seem so much colder in the fall than the spring? It's amazing how that works! :) And yes, we plan to go camping next weekend for about 5 days!! I hope the cold snap leaves for just a few more days as sleeping in a tent in weather like this is not the least bit appealing to me!
3 comments:
Have fun on your camping trip and bundle up! (As if you need a reminder) :) It's been much cooler around here too. Can't wait for fall to show her colors!
We're still planning to head out! The Beartooths have already been snowed on enough to give the Pass 4 foot snow drifts and closed the road for a few days. It's now re-open, but we were suppose to camp up there! :) I'm packing every down blanket I have, along with hats, mittens, wintercoats and LOTS of layers!
The colors are really starting to turn here already. I know it's mostly related to the amount of daylight, but the trees here have really been stressed from the dry summer we had. I'm sure that has something to do with it, too.
hi terri,
how is 5 in a row going? what has been your favorite book so far?
val
Post a Comment