RECIPE EXCHANGE
If you haven't noticed by my frequent recipe posts, I love recipes. Especially over the past 4 years, I have really gotten into cooking and trying new things. (What else is there to do in MT in the middle of winter when you don't have the funds to go skiing and you have a tribe to feed????) For about 3-1/2 years now, I have organized a recipe exchange over e-mail. It started as a way to stay in regular contact with my close friends, but really expanded, and now there are many people whose faces I've never met participating! We take breaks now and then, and are just coming back from about 5 months off.
Here's how it works. At the beginning of every month, I send a theme to everyone on my list. They have one month to respond back to me with a recipe of that theme. Then, at the end of the month, I compile them and send all the recipes out! It works great, and has been my main source of recipes for years now. I have gained so many wonderful recipes from doing this because people tend to share their family favorites.
I thought I'd throw the offer out there to anyone who may want to join us as we start up again. If you're interested in participating, just leave your e-mail address in my comment section and I will add you to my list! It's a lot of fun!
8 comments:
I think that sounds like a wonderful idea. I spent most of my day today organizing my recipes. Several years ago I started typing them on regular paper and organizing them into 2 folders. But my folders got way too crammed so today I created a 3rd folder. They still seem a bit tight, not too much room for much more so I think I need a 4th! Count me in. Do you have my email address or do I need to give it to you?
Hi Kim,
I have your e-mail address and have added you to my list! Watch for an e-mail soon! :)
Hey Terri,
I think I would like to join your recipe exchange again. I could use some new inspiration, especially for summer recipes.
Val
Terri,
Even though I had to drop out a couple of years ago, I think I'm ready for my second try at this! I'm MUCH more into cooking now than I ever was in the past, so give me a whirl!
Thanks,
Becky
Okay girls! I've added you to the list! Can you please send me a main dish recipe by June 1st? Thanks a bunch! :) Glad you're joining us!
Terri
Terri, I don't have your email address. Or do I put it in your comments?
My e-mail is evanorder@juno.com. :)
Got it, thanks Terri. I'll try to get that to you this next week. :)
Post a Comment