LEARNING TO RIDE!
We had an adventurous evening tonight. We took Myah, Joel & their two bikes along with Kiana barefoot in the stroller, over to the local highschool parking lot for some riding lessons. Before we went, Evan double-checked the air pressure in the tires and took Myah's training wheels off....
Evan started with Joel and I had the video tape rolling. Joel has been learning to peddle for some time now, but never really had it conquered. I'm afraid we don't have much room in our yard to ride bikes without needing to use the road, so he doesn't get a whole lot of practice time. He did great! By the end of the night, he was going all over the place. His only issues were a couple of spills when he turned the handle bars too tightly and was going too fast to control it.
Myah's turn! She took right off. After Evan ran around with her a few times, he let her go and go she did! She was beaming the whole way! The only thing she really struggled with was getting the peddle in the right place to get started. I had put long pants and long sleeves on her thinking she would be the one taking the spills, and poor Joel is the one who ended up with skinned knees. (His training wheels didn't work quite as well as I thought....) Overall, it was a fun, successful night!
No comments:
Post a Comment