Thursday, May 04, 2006

VULTURES AND EAGLES

Just got my newsletter from
Timothy Stuen Ministries. We enjoy reading these. He opened this one with a comparison of eagles and vultures. This quote struck me, and I thought I'd share it. If it sparks your interest, check out their website. You can sign up for their free newsletter as well.

"While vultures hover over dead prey and fight amongst who will get a piece, the eagle is seeking out something for himself with life in it. In Luke 17:37 the BIble says, "Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together (NKJV)." I believe that God is looking for some spiritual eagles in this hour that will consume and reflect the very life and essence of Christ. We must cease contending for denominational differences and divisive doctrines and begin to focus on Jesus and the kingdom that He is building. This kingdom consists of all tribes, tongues, and nations and has one thing in common. Its citizens deeply love God and desire to see Him glorified in and amongst all the earth."


No comments: