Sunday, May 21, 2006

MY EVER-EXPANDING BOOK PILE

It seems I must be queen of starting books and not finishing them before I get hooked on another book. Right now, I feel like I'm in the middle of reading so many books, I can't even keep track of them all at the moment! It's not that I don't want to finish them, or that I even lose interest in them, I just get overly excited about starting another one, that I sometimes forget about what I was in the middle of! (Call me blonde, I guess!) :) This past week, I picked up Joyce Meyer's "Enjoying Where I Am On the Road to Where I am Going." Yup, I'm hooked again. My trouble is lack of time! I'm working very hard at reading through the Bible in a year this year, and enjoying that immensely, but as a busy mom, I'm lucky if I get time beyond that reading to read anything else with any sort of commitment! More for my sake than yours, here's my current book pile list. These are books I have started and not totally finished within the last 6 months or so:

* "Be Fruitful and Multiply" by Nancy Campbell
* "Believing God Devotional Journal" by Beth Moore
* "Enjoying Where You Are On The Way To Where You Are Going" by Joyce Meyer
* "Revolution in World Missions" by K.P. Yohannan
* "Blessing Your Children" by Jack W. Hayford
* "Jesus Freaks II" by D.C. Talk

It's terrible, I know! I have enjoyed what I have read out of each one of these! I just need to discipline myself to keep reading! :) I guess I'll make my first priorities the ones in my side-bar for now. Guess I better quit blogging and start reading!

3 comments:

IndyMom said...

I can relate to your book pile. I have my own pile of unfinished books and a long list of those I'd like to read. As it is, I do read quite a few "Little Critter" and "Clifford" books along with books on whatever my kids are learning about. I keep reminding myself that the kids won't be small long and someday I'll finish those books and if not that's okay!

Terri said...

Thanks for that great reminder! It really IS okay if I never do finish them! We read plenty of Clifford around here too, but lately it's been mostly Little House stuff!

Anonymous said...

Its late and I am reading through your Blog. What a joy it is to be your mom. I miss you but I know you are exactly where you belong. That helps so much. Its so good to see what the Lord is doing in your life. No mom could be prouder.I believe in a good way. Love you Mom