Thursday, April 14, 2011

SEWING, BAKING & WOODWORKING

 
Days like today I am reminded once again of why I love homeschooling my children.  Not every day is like this (in fact, unfortunately days like this are rare), but we had a fun time.  Once we hit the books and got through decimals, Elisha's greedy servant, and all the rest, we were freed up for some other schooling. 











The kids have been begging me to teach them some things on the sewing machine.  So, all the kids made pillows today (except that my stuffing supply is gone... something about a stuffed horse needing more stuffing in his neck...) so stuffing will have to wait until I get to town. 

Kiana also helped me make some easy sweet cinnamon biscuits. 





And then while mom was away at Bible study, the kids (with a little help from daddy) made the sailboat they have been dreaming about making for a week now and sailed it on the pond.  They named it the "fast flying duckie".  :)  I wasn't around to get pictures of them actually sailing it, but it worked well!  Everyone was excited!




No comments: