LIFE UPDATE:
Bible studies: Still pressing on! The ladies study on Wednesday has been such a blessing to me. 1 Peter has lots of challenges! We will be finishing that up before Christmas and having a Christmas dinner before diving into a new book of the Bible after the new year. The shelter study continues to be unique each and every week. Please pray for God to work miracles and CHANGE LIVES!! Sunday nights are such a personal blessing as well. There is nothing like studying the Word of God with fellow believers!
Hand accident: I am healing up well. The bone is probably 75% healed over. I have, however, developed scar tissue under the joint by the fingertip and am completely unable to move it from my middle knuckle. I continue to do PT at home (not as often as I should) and am planning on one final (hopefully!) surgery after the new year to have the pin removed and the scar tissued scraped out. Would appreciate continued prayers for complete movement again. This has been quite a journey...
Homeschooling: I feel like God has given me a fresh vision for homeschooling, something we all need now and again. My friend, Camille, recently sent me a book by R.C. Sproul Jr. called "When You Rise Up". This book has inspired me to take a fresh look at our goals, which has actually relieved a LOT of the pressure I was feeling. Character is more important than ANYTHING, and upon praying for renewed direction in how to teach our kids, I came across this from Paul Washer, where he is not only teaching children, but giving parents guidance as to where our focus needs to be on teaching our children. We have once again been encouraged to rise up to the REAL reason we have chosen to homeschool our children. We all need that fresh vision every now and then.... and yes, we do press on in all subject areas enjoying the challenges each day brings. Thank you, Lord for your wisdom!
Farm Life: It was a tough fall. We lost a hog (10 days before butcher) and a calf all in the same week -- really cold temps and pneumonia to blame. Also, our beautiful spoiled horse (Dixie) got a MAJOR cut on her neck last week. A vet bill later, she will be fine, but her main juggler vein in her neck was very close to being cut. She has a long healing process ahead of her. We sold all our goats (with no regrets) and have already experienced a LOT of winter over the past couple of weeks!
Visitors: Evan's family joined us for Thanksgiving and Christmas over the Thanksgiving holiday. We had a nice time playing games into the evenings, eating way too much, and sharing pumpkin pie at the shelter on Thanksgiving night. There was plenty of snow outside to play in and run off some energy, which was good! Thanks for the sacrifice of coming out and being with us. We love you all!
Reading: My book list on my side table has grown lately thanks to many really good suggestions and gifts from people. Though I am probably in the middle of most of these (I have finished some), I would HIGHLY recommend each of these:
* The Bible (must be first!)
* Morning and Evening (Charles Spurgeon)
* Knowing Scripture (R.C. Sproul)
* Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret (Dr.& Mrs. Howard Taylor)
* The Knowledge of the Holy (A.W. Tozer)
* Valuable selections from the writings of George Muller
* When You Rise Up (R.C. Sproul Jr.) -- a homeschool book I would HIGHLY recommend
* The Attributes of God (Paul Washer)
* Reckless Faith (Beth Guckenberger)
Barn Progress: I know, I promised you a picture, but the very next day is SNOWED a LOT! We have 4 out of the 6 panels completed and are just waiting for a "melt" so we don't slide off the roof trying to finish it.
I could go on, but I'm sure I'm boring you by now, and it's also that magic "3:30" time to get serious about dinner! :) God bless you all! Persevere in the Word.... time there is NEVER wasted!!
PSALM 119:114 "YOU ARE MY HIDING PLACE AND MY SHIELD; I HOPE IN YOUR WORD."
2 comments:
You know Terri...it feels like a *visit* with you when I stop by. It doesn't strike me as boring...what a blessing to call you friend. :)
I was here the other day and didn't have a chance to leave a comment...I am trying to be very disciplined about computer time...so sometimes commenting is not possible ~ I know you understand!
How wonderful your book list looks! What a blessing to have access to such amazing resources...God's Word being the first, of course!
So sorry about your hand! What a trial this all must be to you!! May the LORD completely heal you and restore your finger to full function!
How fun to have all that snow! How fun to have friends and family to come and stay and enjoy it with you! Ours is all gone...for now. :)
I am so encouraged to read that you are feeling that the LORD has given you fresh vision for your homeschool...freeing, isn't it?? How quickly we fall back into the *numbers* game and living up to the world's standards for our children instead of God's!
Have a WONDERFUL week!
Love,
Camille
Hello again Terri! I just stopped in tonight to wish you and your family a wonderful CHRISTmas!! May the LORD be the central focus of all your celebrating and may HE bless you in the coming year. I am planning a two-week hiatus from the blog-world, so I will look forward to catching up with you early in 2011.
With love,
Camille
Post a Comment