Saturday, December 18, 2010

LET'S GET THE MARBLES OUT!

I had a dream.  It was a crazy dream, but one that I couldn't just roll over and go back to sleep with. 
I had to get up.  I had to write it down. 
This is taken from my dream.

Picture a beautiful clear vase.  A big one!  It could hold a huge bunch of flower.  But instead of flowers, picture marbles inside.  Marbles of every size, every pattern, and every color.

We all have marbles that we add to the glass jar.  Mine might be red -- yours blue.  Our marbles define our experiences in life.  They may even APPEAR to be pretty when they are all put together.

Let's say that each marble represents a belief that we have-- things we were taught growing up, our background, our traditions, ideas we gained from reading or listening to someone speak or share THEIR ideas with you that you thought sounded good. Wherever we may have received that marble, each one represents beliefs that we have conjured up in our own minds and accepted. 

I am reminded of the Proverb... "There is a way that seems right to man, but it's end is destruction."

Many people think their marbles will get them into heaven, but will someday be shocked when they learn they are wrong.

What would happen if we dumped out all those marbles? 
They would be everywhere and we would have a huge mess!
My friends, this is what we have today in our world.
A mess.

This is what we get when we venture away from the ONE source of TRUTH.
A disaster.

The Word of God is not a marble.
The Word of God has stood the test of time. 
That word, "inspired" literally means "breathed out". 
It is an amazing gift given to us by the Creator of the Universe so that we may KNOW Him.  Not just guess who He is and make another marble. 

Most Americans believe in "god".  But it is a "god" they have created with their own marbles.
Some say, "My 'god' is too loving to send THAT many people to hell."
or
"I am better than THAT person.  I must be fine!"

Many just don't think the Bible is important enough to pour the kind of time and energy it takes to read and understand it.  "I'm too busy!  I'll read this other book instead.  It's written by a 'Christian'."

Marbles. 
People's own ideas.
Disaster.

Some day we will stand before a righteous and holy God, and He will say, "What have you done with my Son?"

"Oh, I love Jesus."  We might say back.  "I went to church.  I lived a good life.  I wore Christian T-shirts.  I was always kind.  Never hurt anyone."

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father in heaven.  Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'  And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness."  (Matthew 7:21-23).

This is serious stuff.

The only way to know the will of the Father is to study the Scriptures. 
That's why He gave it to us!
We can't guess what His will is
because then we are just creating another marble.

The only way to know Jesus, the REAL Jesus, not the marble we make in our heads, is through God's Word.  It takes time, energy, and effort.  You must have a desire, and if you don't, beg God to make you hungry to study it. 
It's the only way to know Him!

In my life, for a time, it meant I didn't read anything else.  I didn't have time!  I still don't!  I have oodles of books that I have never finished because I have to choose the BEST from the pile in my limited time.  Rarely do I get to read other things, and when I do, I must line it up with the Scripture to be sure that it is truth!  If it doesn't line up, throw it out!  The Word of God is our ONE source of TRUTH.  Get rid of your marbles.  Repent of your own ideas!  Let God fill you with truth.  Because it is the TRUTH that will SET YOU FREE!

And God's Word is the only place to find that truth.

Many people say they have a "relationship" with Jesus.  But if we hardly know Him -- the REAL Jesus, how can that be so?

I cannot get to know a person by what someone else says about that person.  I can get a few facts, but to know who that person really is, I must spend time with that person talking and listening. Both QUALITY time and QUANTITY.  Asking questions and listening carefully to the answers. 

Time spent in the Word of God is never wasted.

It needs to be the HIGHEST priority of our day.

Blessings, my friends.

(BTW, if you live in our area and would like to be a part of a Bible study, please let me know.  There are 3 different ones to choose from: ladies on Wed., one at the shelter on Thurs., and one in our home on Sun.  We would love to have you join us!)

No comments: