GLORY TO GOD.... IN EVERY DETAIL OF OUR EVERY DAY!
I have been bombarded lately with thoughts of what it means to bring glory to God. The Westminster Catechism asks it this way:
What is the chief end of man? I am made to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.
The kids and I have spent lots of time talking about what exactly this means. Bringing God glory is to conform to the Word of God in every part of our lives. (The only way to do this is to STUDY it and KNOW it... see post below....)
I have been pondering this idea with Evan, with the Bible study ladies, and with friends. It is what is to be our main focus of every moment of every day. We SHOULD be pondering this!
A friend of mine at Bible study challenged us to think about it this way. Make a list of all the things you do in your day. Wake up, make breakfast/coffee, take a shower, commute to work, clean the house, whatever it is, and then ask yourself....
What does it look like to bring glory to God as I wake up?
.... as I shower?
.... as I dress?
.... as I make breakfast?
.... as I drive somewhere?
.... as I scrub the toilet, do laundry, whatever?
Can I better bring God glory in all the daily things that I do? This was challenging to me, and has caused me to re-evaluate my thinking on many things.
For example... Do I wake up and praise God for a new day, asking Him to guide my every word and step. Lay myself at His feet, before I even get out of bed?
In the shower... I can practice memorizing Scripture, pray for people, sing and worship God.
As I dress... does the clothing I wear bring focus to my face, or to my body? Does what I put on bring God glory, or have I conformed to this world? If you aren't purposefully thinking about your wardrobe and bringing God glory in it, then you probably have conformed to the world and need to repent.
On a commute... I can worship, sing, praise, pray... and maybe put my cell phone down to do these things.
As I cook/clean... I can thank God for my house, laundry, children, and food to eat.
Do you see? God wants to be a part of every detail. Not just some things, but ALL things in our lives.
The chief end of man is to glorify God! How are you doing in the details??? Ask God to show you how to bring glory to Him in every detail of your day! He will!
No comments:
Post a Comment