Tuesday, July 01, 2008

JUST WAITING!

Baby countdown is on. My doctor is predicting this weekend sometime, but I'm still not getting my hopes up for that. I've had several bouts of contractions, only to have them go away, and sleeping is getting extremely uncomfortable now. (The really hot spicy homemade salsa from a friend we ate last night probably didn't help that any!) I do think we have officially settled on a name, and that's always a good feeling. My bags are packed, but the carseat still sits unassembled in our bedroom. It's been washed, but just needs the straps put back together. I have baby clothes washed, though he probably won't wear any of them with all this heat! I've never had a summer baby before, so that part of it is all new to me. Diapers and onesies will probably be the bulk of his wardrobe the first month at least. My doctor has been calling this a "firecracker baby" and not just b/c it's around the 4th. She's predicting that when he decides to make his entrance, he will go off like a fire work and come very quickly.

Now watch...I'll probably be overdue and have 15 hours of labor!!!! HA!

2 comments:

Emilee said...

Can't wait to hear the news, Terri! I will keep you and baby in my prayers!

Terri said...

Thanks, Emily. After a visit to the doctor yesterday, it's not looking to be anytime soon, so we keep waiting!! :) Sure appreciate your prayers!